Eggplants Stuffed Quinoa
Eggplants stuffed with quinoa
This is such an easy, gourmet and tasty recipe! These are packed with flavor and nutrition! This recipe is a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. If you’re not vegan, add even more protein by adding chunks of chicken or turkey. Yum!”
- 2 eggplants
- Olive/ sesame oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup marinara
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Prepare the Eggplant: Cut the stem end and bottom off the eggplant, then cut it in half lengthwise. Score the flesh with a knife, cutting deep into the flesh but not through the skin. Cut diagonal lines going about an inch apart, then turn the eggplant around and cut again so you have a diamond pattern.
- Brush the eggplant flesh with a bit of olive oil and put it on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, Let the eggplant cool for 10 minutes, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Scooped out center of the eggplant, and set aside.
- In a pot, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and quinoa. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Then add marinara sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Scoop evenly into the eggplant boats.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes again in the oven.
- Serve warm and enjoy!