Butternut squash soup
Butternut Squash Soup
Quick, velvety smooth soup that’s ready in about an hour.
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on medium high heat add butter, onion, garlic and nutmeg; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and the cubes of butternut, and simmer until the soup is thick and all the ingredients are well blended together, about 1 hour.
- Using an immersion blender (or working in batches in a food processor or blender), blend squash mixture until smooth, adding water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve soup topped with sour cream.